The main objective of multiple confronted person forms, known in Choy Lee Fut as two person fighting forms, is to put into practice with a partner, who will behave as a real enemy, all those techniques learned and trained in the solo forms. This will make the students feel and live training as a real combat situation as they have to use and apply at the right time the different defense and attacking techniques and so, be more effective in a real confrontation (self- defense, fighting, etc.).
TWO-PERSON FIGHTING FORMS
José L. MELERO
These two person fighting forms will provide us:
- Physical conditioning of body contact areas.
- Learning to be aware of those parts of the enemy’s body which are vulnerable and those parts of our own body that must be protected.
- The right distance we must have from our enemy to apply in an effective way either the different attacks (foot, knee, elbow hand or fist techniques and grapplings) or defenses (dodging, blocking and controlling your enemy’s techniques).
- Yin-Yang states (offensive and defensive movements) to breathe in an appropriate way so as to have the best offensive-defensive potential without wasting energy and at the same time, having the best possible efficiency.
- With the right techniques to use against our enemy’s skills( if our enemy is fast or strong, if he uses long or short-range techniques, if he uses changes of pace in his fighting, if he likes attacking or just waiting to be attacked, etc.)
Choy Lee Fut system has got the following two person fighting forms:
- SAM SING YUM YEUNG CHAG “Three yin yang stars”
- GAU SING YUM YEUNG CHAG “Nine yin yang stars”
- SUP JI KUEN DOI CHAG “Fighting in cross pattern”
- GUM BIU DOI JIT FU DOI CHAG “Golden leopard vs. tiger form”
- SHE YING DOI HOK YING DOI CHAG “Snake vs. crane form”
- BAK MO KUEN DOI SHE HOK DOI CHAG “White haired monkey vs. snake and crane form”
- LUNG YING DOI FU YING DOI CHAG “Dragon vs. tiger form”
- HOK YING DOI LUNG YING DOI CHAG “Crane vs. dragon form”
- JERNG YING DOI MA YING DOI CHAG “Elephant vs. horse form”
- HEO YING DOI BIU YING DOI CHAG “Monkey vs. deer form”
- LUNG SE FU PAO HOK NG YING DOI CHAG “Five confronted animals form”
- NOI NGOI LUN SAU KAM NA DOI CHAG “External vs. internal – grappling techniques”
- YUM YEUNG TID DA CHAG “Yin yang to knock down”
Each of these forms works in order to get its own particular objectives. For instance:
Sam sing yum yeung chag “Three yin yang stars” works the conditioning
and strengthening of forearms.
Gau sing yum yeung chag “Nine yin yang stars” works not only the
conditioning of forearms but also situations where both fighters hit or
perform grappling techniques at the same time.
Gum biu doi jit fu doi chag “Golden leopard vs. tiger form” trains
speed vs. strength.
She ying doi hok ying doi chag “ Snake vs crane form” train the
speed, explosive strength and long -range techniques against tenderness,
control and attacks to vulnerable parts, combining short, medium and
long- range techniques.