QUALITIES OF A MASTER
- He must have a broad knowledge about the topic to be treated.
- To know to make use of teaching materials to develop the method.
- To have an adequate method for each circumstance and time.
- To have pedagogical knowledge.
- To do research continuously.
- To be clever, to be as water, to be able to adapt to any circumstances.
- To use an adequate nomenclature for the teaching subject.
- To have a right attitude.
- To have a professional attitude.
- To teach to students to accept the failures as something necessary to excel oneself.
- To have a moral and sporting behavior.
- To want the students to learn.
- Sincerity, necessary for the student´s interest and confidence.
- Enthusiasm, because the loss of enthusiasm can lead to the lessons failure.
- To have a broad sense of justice.
- To have harmony, fluency and flexibility.
- To show the student his own value.
- To accept the responsibility of teaching.
- To know the student´s abilities.
- To assist the student´s growing up beyond the sportive activity.
- To motivate the student to reach the highest degree of psicomotricity.
- To pay attention to students.
- To believe in what you teach.
- To help the students to set their own aim, because no goals, no progress.
- To guide the students to find in the sportive activity practice their main source of personal satisfaction.
- Show the students that success is what you feel not what others see.
- He must keep watch over the student comply with the rule: “help yourself”
- To have willpower, because this is the best allied in life.
- His knowledge must be empiric and eclectic.
- To transmit to the student eagerness for learning, but never anxiety or obsession.
- He must teach the art in the way of training and experience student´s discover the art.
- He should become more than an instructor
- He must try to tune with the student and make the students see that their attitude must be a reflection of his master towards the others.
- To motivate the student looks for his own knowledge.
- To Know how make progress, learn continuously and excel oneself.
- To show the truth, because the martial artist is looking for the truth continuously.
- Not only must be a Master but also to seem a Master.
- He must be ambitious and do his best.
Theory helps but it is practice what really makes a master.
José L. MELERO